Food Recovery network turns 5
2016 was an exciting year for Food Recovery Network. On September 21, 2016, our organization turned five years old. We took the year to celebrate five years of donating perfectly good surplus food to people who need it most, and feeding people, not landfills. and supporting best environmental practices to reduce green house gas emissions. We've collected some inspiring stories from across the network to highlight the amazing work of our student leaders. We loved this project so much, we're going to keep up the story telling! Hear from our network to get inspired!
Throughout the spring semester, we'll be highlighting relationships between chapters, dining providers and nonprofit partners which have laid the foundation for the work that we do all over the country.
- Goucher College, PLASE and Bon Appetit.
- University of Denver, Sodexo and Denver Rescue Mission.
- Carleton College, Bon Appetit, and Greenville Park Community School.
- University of South Dakota, Aramark, and Vermillion Welcome Table.
- University of Hawaii at Monoa, Sodexo, and Institute for Human Resources
Use the hashtag to keep the conversation going and keep on celebratin' by wearing the movement: FRN5Years Shirt.