If you haven't heard, we're pretty pumped about the National Food Recovery Dialogue here at our national office. But we're not the only ones...from New York to Oregon, our FRNds are gearing up to attend the conference! Read below to learn why our students are excited for the NFRD. (Spoiler: #10 is our favorite.)
1. CONTINUING LAST YEAR'S MOMENTUM
"The most amazing part at last year's conference were the ideas that got shared between chapters, and I'm very excited to hear the new adventures everyone has had."
- Allison Blakeley, Rochester Institute of Technology
2. LEARNING FROM FELLOW FRNDS
"Hearing and learning from and being inspired by all the amazing speakers and fellow FRNers/FRNds!"
- Asya Yukhananov, Goucher College
"Hearing about the accomplishments of the other chapters."
- Alec Armon, University of Wisconsin
3. STUDENT SPEAKERS
"I am most looking forward to hearing the student speakers and to be surrounded by the creative energy that is focused on new and better ways to recover food."
- Rylie Wolff, Portland Community College
4. MEETING FRN NATIONAL
"Meeting the people who make this all possible!"
- Stephanie Saunders, Portland Community College
5. HEARING FROM THE EXPERTS
"Looking forward to the great speakers and other leaders in fighting waste and feeding people."
- Doug Curtin, Trinity College
"I am looking forward to networking with students in other FRN chapters to learn how we can improve our chapter. I'm excited for the speakers because I am sure they will tell us things that will motivate us even more."
- Addie Davarie, University of Central Arkansas
6.LEARNING ABOUT THE ISSUES
"I'm excited to collaborate with students from around the country to develop innovative ways to fight hunger and support our respective communities."
- Christine Rock, Kansas State University
"To see where we have we moved on in terms of food justice issue in the U.S."
- Joey Budi, Calvin College
7. Hanging with our FRN Family
"Learning more about fighting food waste and becoming closer to the FRN family :)"
Neema Shayo, University of Pittsburgh
8. LOBBY DAY
"Lobby Day! So pumped!!"
- Cameron Kritikos, Calvin College
9. CULTIVATING SOLUTIONS
"Looking forward to meeting FRNds and learning new ways to spread the word about recovering food!"
- Kayla Tyrel, Russell Sage College
"Meeting with other chapters, exchanging ideas, changing the way we view food."
- Blaire Jefferson & Kristina Rogers, Christian Brothers University
- Kristen Courage, Loyola University Chicago